Paula and Amy saw the RuPaul Season 8 Drag Queens LIVE and they were on fire! They slayed all day. SLAY. We loved all the ladies — Naomi Smalls and her spider-like legs, Kim Chi and her breathtaking makeup.
Do we use the word magical too much? Maybe. And also spirit animal.
Bob the Drag Queen is hysterical! Chi Chi Devayne is the person who is inside of Amy — a black southern gay man who likes to dress up as a woman.
Here’s a video of Paula losing her mind at drag queen brunch in DC. HOW CUTE IS PAULA!?!
Wanna hear RuPaul’s praise of Hillary Clinton? Yeah,we thought you would. You can find it here.
What Amy looks like when Paula talks about what it’s like to live in a world with no humidity.
Milwaukee is on fire because of the shooting of Syville Smith. This particular case is a complicated one.
Whether or not the shootings are justifiable or not, the sense of distrust among these black communities is real, and they do not feel safe with the police.
We repeat these names because it’s important: Syville Smith, Philando Castille, Alton Sterling and Charles Kinsey.
White privilege = thinking that the police are here to help, not here to kill me, even if I get pulled over for something I’ve done wrong.
Alexa Moreno is an amazing gymnast and should never be on a diet ever because her body needs the FOOD that she eats to FUEL her amazing feats!! Let us all celebrate the wonder of Alexa Moreno!! Twitter haters, you are the fatphobic disasters of the week and we rebuke you!!
Here are some other awesome athletes whose bodies do not look like an American supermodel’s body! Sarah Robles! Michelle Carter! Leisel Jones! Melanie Schlanger and the awesome male swimmer with a “dad bod,” Robel Kiros Habte.
Athletes come in all shapes and sizes and they are healthy because they DO THINGS that win medals with their bodies! Bodies that are different sizes are able to do different things.
Everyone gets that people come in different heights, but not different sizes. Why is this so hard to understand?
NBC Chief Marketing Officer John Miller designed the Olympics to be a cross between a Lifetime mini-series and a reality show. GROSS.
Here are our six most egregious examples of sexist Olympic coverage:
- When Simone Biles was compared to men who were not gymnasts. “She’s the Michael Jordan of gymnastics.”
- Commentator Dan Hicks said, “And there’s the man responsible” when cameras turned to the coach and husband of Katinka Hosszú following her gold-medal win.
- An unidentified commentator said Team USA members looked like they “might as well be standing in the middle of a mall” after they were caught on camera laughing and talking.
- Trap shooter Corey Cogdell won bronze the Olympics and the Chicago Tribune reported that: “Wife of a Bears’ lineman wins a bronze medal today in Rio Olympics.”
- Female athletes wearing makeup was discussed by a lot of people…NBC reported this: “We all know that old adage, sex sells. Well, now female Olympians are sexing it up more than ever by wearing makeup during their competitions. Some say this is about empowerment. Well, really? Do women who are elite athletes need to wear makeup to feel stronger or is it simply a fashion statement like when LeBron James wears funny hats?”
- San Jose’s Mercury News ran a headline reading “Olympics: Michael Phelps shares historic night with African-American.” Congratulations, Mercury News, you’re racist and sexist in the same news headline.
And then this happened….
Men and women athletes are talked about very differently on television. This fills us with rage.
Amy recommends you fly Delta! Paula recommends Don’t Think Twice and Stranger Things!
Thanks for listening, y’all!!